Monday, March 12, 2007

Whisk, revisited

My second visit to Whisk in a week because I was determined to try the Molten chocolate cake.

The weekday panini lunch special with coffee was not available so I got to order the hot chocolate with marshmallow (RMB30). It came in a big mug with the marshmallow nicely melting in the middle. The sweetness was just right.

The mocha (RMB18) was tasty and probably better value for the buck!

My pepperoni pizza (RMB68) was HUGE! Had to be at least 12 inches wide. There were bits of onions and peppers with the pepperoni slices. The crust was medium and doughy. Loved it!

The chicken and mushroom risotto (RMB58) was not as nice as the pizza however. The garlic totally overpowered the dish. My husband gave it 4 out of 10.

Again we were way too full for dessert but I insisted on the Molten chocolate cake (RMB35). The cake was warm and the texture nice. I gorged it down despite being full. The ice cream could be richer though - it tasted like the Nestle variety as supposed to Haagen Dazs. We have standards here!
We will be back again. Lunch for two was about RMB200.
1250 Huai Hai Rd. (near Chang Su Rd), Shanghai. Tel: 5404-7770

No comments: