My husband decided to have a bake off after the Molten chocolate cake we had at whisk - yes! I like competitions, especially when it comes to chocolate.
This time we chose a Delia Smith recipe. You will need:
-200g dark chocolate (75%cocoa solids), broken into pieces
-200g butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons brandy
-110g golden caster sugar
-4 large eggs, plus 4 large egg yolks
-1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
-60g plain flour
-8 pudding basins, generously greased with butter
1) Melt chocolate, butter and brandy in a large bowl over a saucepan with barely simmering water. Will take 6-7 mins. When it's done remove from heat and stir until it's smooth and glossy.
2) Place sugar, whole eggs, yolks and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl, whisk mixture on high speed until it is double in size and thick so that it leaves a trail like a piece of ribbon when you stop the whisk. This will probably take 5 to 10 mins.
3) Pour chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl around the edge (so it's easier to fold). Sift the flour on top. Use a large metal spoon to fold everything together carefully and slowly. Folding and cutting movements are needed - will take 3 to 4 mins. be patient.
4) Pour mixture into basins, mixture should come to just below the top. Bake at 200C for 12 minutes.
5) Let them stand for 1 minute before tipping them over. Serve with cream or ice cream.