Thursday, April 03, 2008

Brasserie on the Eighth

We know we can always get good food and spot-on service in a quiet civilised environment at Brasserie on the Eighth we headed there right away once we landed in Hong Kong at 9:30 on a Sunday night.

By the time we got to the restaurant it was almost 10:30 but everybody was all smile and we didn't feel rushed. We both picked from the good-value set dinner menu: if I remember correctly it's about HK$400 for a 3-course dinner. Not bad at all consider we know the food quality would be top-notch.

My husband started with some kind of grilled prawns. He wolfed it down ever so quickly I am guessing it must have been really nice.

I picked the tuna and salmon tartare. The fish was so fresh it was out of this world. I am not usually a big caviar fan but in this case it went really well with the fish.

The Brasserie's version of surf and turf. It was very simple but all the ingredients were fresh and of excellent quality.

My roasted chicken. Minus 10 points for giving me the same side dishes as the surf and turf but otherwise it was very nicely cooked. Juicy and tender it made me wonder why we could never roast chicken like this at home.

The finale was a chocolate souffle for 2. It was huge! While it was good to look at it wasn't very practical when it came to dividing it. I felt pain when the waiter sliced through the nice and fluffy top and had the thing cut in half. Although not looking quite as nice its taste was out of this world. I had mine with passion fruit sauce and hmmmmmm I am beginning to drool now just thinking about it. We need to go back for more!
Brasserie on the Eighth
8/F, Conrad Hotel, Admiralty, Hong Kong. Tel: 2521-3838

No comments: