Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Adobo

We gave this new Mexican place a visit on a quiet Saturday afternoon with the LO.  The place was cosy and intimate and the LO behaved nicely while we sipped our margaritas.  It was almost too good to be true!

Salsa with chips.  

My husband's burro, which we gathered to be a big version of a burrito, was actually huge.  He seemed fairly impressed with it.

The chicken dish recommended by the waitress.  I wished I had opted for the stuffed peppers instead.  While I can't comment on the authenticity of the dish (since I'm weaned on Tex-Mex tastes) I thought the sauce was a little too funky for me.  Slightly sweet it somehow had a bitter undertone and it did nothing to the rubbery chicken.  
We will probably go again to try out other dishes on a sunny day as it's a nice stroll from our place.

Adobo
139 Tai An Rd. (nr. Hua Shan Rd.), Shanghai.  Tel: 6281-4891

No comments: