Friday, April 03, 2009

Da Marco

Thursday night at Da Marco and the place was packed out!  We were lucky we didn't have to wait for a table.  I think i will leave my future visits to lunch time as it's way too busy and smokey in the evenings.  

To start we had the must-have antipasto(~RMB70).  It was very generous in portion and the selection was good for a meat-lover like me.  I wouldn't mind a little more vegetables though and I never thought I would say that.

Mussels and clams in white wine sauce (~RMB50).  Everything was fresh, which made up for the little-to-the-bland-side sauce.

Spaghetti with clams in wine and garlic sauce (~RMB60).  My dad loved it and he polished the whole thing off in no time.

Angel hair pasta with seafood in tomato sauce (~RMB65).  I liked mine also but I was way too full to even finish half of it.  I did like the whole plum tomatoes and the variety of seafood.  

Since my dad insisted in trying the sorbet I thought I'd join in.  His coconut one (~RMB35) was more creamy than icy and he loved it.

My mandarin  one (~RMB35) on the other hand was refreshingly blizzard-y.  Just what I needed with my nearly-popping tummy.

Da Marco
1/F, 103 Dongzhu An Bang Rd. (nr. Jiangsu Rd.), Shanghai.  Tel: 6210-4495

1 comment:

365WatchStories said...

hey sahdcooks here. Our company is expanding to China and the first store is expected to open in Shanghai. I might need to go, if I do, would you be interested in meeting up? Be nice to have a local contact. I lived in Shanghai for about a year but that was almost 5 years ago..