Monday, March 12, 2012
Singapore chili crab
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 2 medium white onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 to 4 small chili
- 1 thumb sized ginger
-2 crabs, cleaned and slightly bashed
- 2 drops of tabasco
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 bottle ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with water)
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
1) Blend paste ingredients together, set aside.
2) Mix tabasco, brown sugar, ketchup, white vinegar, salt and water together, set aside.
3) Fry paste in hot oil until fragrant.
4) Add crabs and fry until slightly red.
5)Add ketchup mixture into wok with crab and bring to boil, lower heat then simmer for 10 to 15 mins depending on size of crab.
6) Add cornstarch mixture and simmer for further 2 mins to thicken sauce.
7) Add beaten egg into crab, simmer for further 1 to 2 mins.
8) Garnish with coriander and served with deep fried buns.