Sunday, March 04, 2012

AoBa Taiwanese Restaurant 青叶台湾料理

I am wondering whether this is the same AoBa in Taipei but I can't seem to verify it online.  Since my friend told me portions are small we ordered a number of dishes to share.

Deep-fried pork fillet.  It's almost like a char-siu with batter.  We liked how lean the mean was and yet it was tender. 
A fried tofu dish my friend recommended.  Tofu was firm and flavourful.

Beef brisket and tendon stew.  A classic Taiwanese dish, we liked both the sauce and the tender meat.

Tofu skin roll with shredded vegetables.  My friend loved it but I am not too keen on tofu skin and steamed soggy veg.
Egg "pancake".  It's pancake in a very loose sense because of it's shape.  It didn't have any flour (perhaps just a little to bind) and it's mostly egg with chopped pickled vegetables inside.  A little greasy but the flavours were good.
The very famous Taiwanese dish marinated pork with rice.  The sweet soy marinate was delicious but I prefer my pork leaner and smaller in size.
Steamed pork patty with salted egg.  It reminded me of what my grandma would make, but she uses a lot more ingredients such as chopped mushroom, which is far more superior than this version.
Lunch for two came to around RMB200.  It's not a bad choice if I am in the building again.

AoBa Taiwanese Restaurant
2/F, SWFC, 100 Century Ave., Pudong, Shanghai.  Tel: 6877-8966

No comments: