Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Isola Shanghai

We went to Isola Hong Kong years ago when it was all the hype and we weren't all that impressed and therefore I was not in a hurry to go to the one in Shanghai.  Now that we live 5 mins away it's not a bad place to be, especially to catch up with friends, at its bright and airy dining room.

Pizza Caprese(~RMB120).  My friend S found it a bit too oily.  She would also like a bit more basil.  The base was not bad though.
Minestrone.  I was feeling a bit queasy and I wanted something with tomato base.  I was in for a little surprise.  The soup tasted more like a lentil soup but it did the job and calmed my stomach down a bit.
Angelhair pasta with seafood tossed in tomato sauce.  There was a variety of seafood which I enjoyed, but given my condition that day it smelled a tad too fishy for me.  Lunch for two came to just over RMB300.
Isola Shanghai
4/F, IFC Mall, 8 Century Ave., Pudong, Shanghai.  Tel: 5012-1277

No comments: