Thursday, November 01, 2007

Frankie's Italian Bar and Grill

Our 2nd visit to Frankie's. Not that the food was outstanding the first time around but where else can you go in Shanghai? BTW iphone camera doesn't really work in candle-lit environment.

My husband's pumpkin risotto. We decided to try it because we were told it'd take 20 mins and we figured it had to be made freshly. The result was not bad but he decided it was a little too sweet.

My gnocchetti with sardine and sausage. I couldn't really taste any sardine but the dish was very very delicious (fresh homemade gnocchetti too).

With my recommendation my husband tried the linguine with crab meat. He didn't think much of it unfortunately!

I got stuffed pork chop for my main. The chop was more than an inch thick! The sauce and the cheese and herb stuffing was very nice but the meat was very tough. I guess that's always a problem with pork chop.

Dinner with 3 glasses of wine cama to about RMB850. Not too bad for what you get. (The place was once again pretty empty on our second visit and it was a Sat evening. We wonder how long it can go on?)

Frankie's Italian Bar and Grill
592 Feng Tang Rd.(near Dai Tian Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 5228-7961

No comments: