Monday, November 12, 2007

Casa 13

I have only heard good things about Casa 13, a relatively new addition to our neighbourhood. The intimate and cute restaurant with an atrium and a garden is tucked away in a lane but it was worth the hunt.

Sun-dried tomato and chickpea dip (RMB30). Very tasty but we didn't think it should be chilled. I guess the bright side is that we knew for sure it was properly refrigerated.

My chicken skewers with wood roasted gazpacho and avocado relish (RMB50) was excellent! The very nicely seasoned chicken was lean, moist, meaty and grilled to perfection. I will have to come back for the dish.

My husband's Casa omelet (RMB50) was delicious. It was filled with tasty cheese and veg and even my husband said it was nice - a rare comment from him.

My nicoise styled pasta (RMB60) with anchovies, capers and something else (I forgot). It wasn't bad but it was just one of those forgettable dishes. Will pick something else to try from the small but rather extensive menu.

Lunch came to RMB$190 with no drinks. Not bad at all consider the food quality and service - will go back again for sure.

1100 Hua Shan Rd. (nr Jiangsu Rd.) Shanghai. Tel: 5238-2782

No comments: