Friday, May 25, 2007

Grappa's

Located in a shopping mall Grappa's is a convenient place to stop by if you want some standard and usually reliable Italian food. The food is nothing special but at least you know what you'll be getting and you get it fast.

On this visit we were all in a bad way: I was having some major stomach cramps from my Thai food the night before, while K and my husband were both suffering from hangovers. For once we were all sitting there sipping peppermint tea while we were waiting for the food.

My husband's pizza looked really weird. He didn't even know what he had ordered except he was getting some kind of meat pizza. It was more like flakes of dried meat shavings and he didn't think much of it.

K's pizza was more conventional looking and he said it helped getting rid of his hangover.

Spaghetti and meat sauce has always been my ultimate comfort food and this version was not bad. The meat sauce was smokey and rich tasting and I managed to stomach nearly half of it. Too bad I couldn't have more cheese because of my condition.
The bill for the 3 of us came to HK$600: K had a caesar salad and M had some bruschetta - I was in too much agony to remember to take pictures. We also had countless cups of tea, 2 or 3 cokes and orange juices for the boys.

Shop 132, Pacific Place, Admiralty, Hong Kong. Tel: 2868-0086


No comments: