Sunday, June 15, 2008

Da Marco

It's extremely difficult to get a table for dinner at Da Marco so we headed there for lunch instead. The place was still pretty busy but at least we got a table right away.

Our bread basket. We loved the bread sticks especially.

We had the antipasto to start. Everything was good - loved the big portion also.

My husband's pasta with fresh tuna. He said it was tasty but there were only 2 or 3 pieces of very thin tuna in the dish. It was a bit of a let down. He wanted me to mention that he was given a serving spoon when he asked for a spoon.

My angel hair pasta with seafood was jam-packed with all sorts of shell fish and there was even half a crab! I have to say the crab was difficult to eat and the razor clams were too funky looking for me but I liked the rest of the ingredients: calamari rings, mussels, clams, white fish chunks, and cherry tomatoes. I tried my very best and I finished just about half of what was on the plate. It was massive!

Lunch for 2 came to just over RMB200. I can see why this place is busy - we all like cheap honest food!

Da Marco
103 Eat Zhu An Bang Rd. (nr. Zheng Nin Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6210-4495

No comments: