Thursday, April 26, 2007

Azul Viva

Azul has a reasonably big lunch menu and for RMB100 you get to pick 3 courses. Bring it on!

The bread looked so good we snatched them off the plate before I got a picture of them. They were warm and freshly baked and I wished there was more. Here's the reconstructed version:
U had the smoked salmon and it was juicy and fresh.

My bresaola salad was excellent. I liked the unusual toppings of blue cheese and walnuts, which made the dish it a lot more interesting then the regular version.

U's lamb sandwich did not live up to the usual Azul food quality. It was swimming in chili oil and it made the sandwich way too spicy and soggy. Disappointing to say the least.

I decided to give the dish Moroccan chicken another try after the horrible experience I had at Katheens 5. Azul's version totally redeemed my faith on this dish! The chicken was moist and tasty and the tangy sweet salsa on top was a perfect match to the chicken and the nicely flavoured couscous.

For dessert we had the tiramisu - it was very rich and creamy. 10 out of 10!

The home-made ice cream was OK. Nothing special or memorable (I am still sulking because I wanted the chocolate kahlua cake but they didn't have it).
Azul Viva
18 Dong Ping Rd.(near Wulumuqi Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6433-1172

No comments: