Thursday, April 05, 2007

Wu Yue Ren Jia

I decided to pay this chain noodle restaurant a visit because of the write up on the Lonely Planet Shanghai. There were about 30 or 40 different dishes to go with the noodles and I had no idea what they were like. I pushed my luck picked 2 beef things and hoped for the best.

The noodles were like your regular noodles and I don't think they were any special. The soup had a hint of pepper taste, but again nothing outstanding if you ask me.

The two beef things were disappointing. The one on the front was beef cube in some thick sweet vinegar sauce....and they were stone bollxxks cold! Is that how they should be? The dish at the back was also beef in a sauce, but I couldn't really pin point what sauce it was in. At end I ate most of the noodles (I was hungry) and left the beef untouched. The bill was RMB23. Won't be back in a hurry.

Wu Yue Ren Jia
2/F, 141 Shanxi Road South (near Nan Chang Rd)., Shanghai. Tel: 6445-7555

No comments: