Friday, January 14, 2011

Mr. Willis

Perhaps it was my high expectations which made me more disappointed at the end, but our second visit to Mr. Willis was very underwhelming compared to our first.

Smoked salmon bruschetta (RMB72). Very ordinary. Even I could make it look more appetitzing at home.
Fish tartare (RMB68). It was so bland could not tell what fish or seasoning were used.
Beef cheek (RMB148). It was the special of the day and while the dish was pleasing enough to the taste buds where were the side dishes? I know increasingly restaurants are making side dishes extra dishes to order. Well give your customers some warnings if you are going to do that.
Snapper (RMB145). It did come with vegetables and I was grateful as the fish was so fishy I had a hard time eating it. I was close to sending it back but decided we would just quickly finish off and make our exit.
Dinner for two with a bottle of Australian wine came to RMB883. Cheap but we did not enjoy our meal at all.

Mr. Willis
3/F, 195 Anfu Rd. (nr. Wulumuqi Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 5404-0200

No comments: