Friday, January 14, 2011

Pelham's

Our first visit to Pelham's at the hyped Waldorf Astoria in Shanghai. We were greeted with some foamy soup.
I would never have guessed that this was actually caesar salad (RMB128). It came with bacon foam and it's probably the fussiest dish we ever came across.
My crab cake was fresh and sweet and I was grateful that there was no foam on my plate.
Wagyu strip with chick peas, red swiss chard and chimichurri (RMB388). It is a signature dish for the restaurant but my friend C thought it was average.
The taste was good for my steak and it was juicy, but it was a little too fatty for me.
At least C enjoyed her chocolate cake.
My s'more, graham cracker ice cream on a chocolate brownie, passionfruit marshmallow (RMB78) was not as spectacular as it sounded. Loved the moist and warm brownie though.
Our petits fours.
Pelham's
Waldorf Astoria, club lobby level, 2 Zhong Shan Dong Yi Rd.(nr. Guang Dong Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6322-9988

No comments: