Saturday, July 05, 2008

Tsim Chai Noodles

Highly recommended by our Aussie friends, It was actually my first visit to the rather famous Tsim Chai Noodles. When we got there it was almost 3pm in the afternoon and yet the line up extended out of the shop! Must be a good sign. We finally settled down and took a look at the small menu. There are only three types of toppings you can have with the noodles: wontons, fishballs made with mud carp, and sliced beef. My husband got a noodle with 2 toppings - wonton and fish balls (HK$21). Note how huge those fish balls were! He preferred the wontons more and was equally impressed with the noodles and the broth.

My noodle with 1 topping (HK$16). I don't normally like this kind of fish balls (they can be fishy and bony) but these ones were excellent. I ended up having another bowl - well I am eating for two you know. :)
Tip: the chili sauce is fierce!

Tsim Chai Noodles
98 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2850-6471

No comments: