Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sorabol Korean Restaurant

Another day, another Korean meal for me. I suppose I like beef and I like sweet sauce and so Korean food works for me. Our kimchi spread at Sorabol, one of my favourite restaurants in Hong Kong. I have to say though the selection was a little disappointing this time around (what's with the mayo salad thing?). The quantity was stingy too. What gives?

Ox tongue - V's favourite. I don't eat ox tongue usually but somehow when it's thinly sliced and barbecued it's acceptable.

My favourite marinated beef ribs.

The meat was tender and juicy as always. I was told that the beef was massaged by hand to loosen up the texture. Perhaps I will try it at home sometime.

Marinated chicken. De-boned with spicy marinate, it's always a favourite for us. It would be perfect if the skin was off.
Beef bulgogi - my favourite. Loved that sweet tasting broth, although it could be a little thicker.

And finally the reason for the visit: the handmade noodles with beef.

These were probably the best Korean noodles in the world. The texture was nicely chewy (instead of soggy) and the broth was out of this world. I want more now as we speak.
All in all we enjoyed the meal. We noticed a drop in quality with the meat in general....it used to be better. Something should be done about the kimchi too. I hope it was just an occasional slip.

Sorabol Korean Restaurant
17/F, Lee Theatre Plaza, 99 Percival St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Tel: 2375-2882

No comments: