Tuesday, July 01, 2008

1221

It was my second visit to very popular 1221, and somehow the food this time tasted so much better than before!

Stir-fried beef with crunchy rice sticks. Loved it. The rice sticks were fresh and crunchy and the slight sweet soy seasoning. We looked around and decided it was a rightly popular dish!

Braised lion heads. They were probably the best Shanghaiese meat balls I tried so far. They had just the right consistency - they tasted leaner than some of the other ones I had and the sauce was extremely nice. Although they were huge (think baseball)we could have had another one between the 4 of us.

Lemon chicken. The batter was thin and the faint taste of lemon made it a very enjoyable dish.

Stir-fried string beans. It was seasoned nicely and not too oily.

Stir-fried broccoli. Plain and nice.

The complimentary dessert. It was some kind of pan fried glutinous rice pancake with red bean fillings. I like the fact that it wasn't too sweet and the texture was interesting enough. If I wasn't so full I would have had more!

Dinner for 4 came to around RMB250, which is a lot less than I was expecting.

1221

1221 Yan An West Rd. (nr. Pan Yu Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6213-6585

No comments: