Friday, October 26, 2007

Peak District - food

We didn't really eat out much during our week's stay in the Peaks....my husband was recovering from his massive hangover from the rugby weekend and I was happy to have some plain food after 4 days in Sicily. England was the perfect place for plain food! :-)

Our pub lunch: cream of potato soup. Rich and warming - perfect for the comparatively cold UK weather after Sicily.

Pork goulash - winter food once again - we needed it.

I never thought I would crave vegetables until Sicily. My body wanted vegetables positively and I was never happier when I saw those carrots.

My fish pie. Very nicely made with smoked fish and chunks of fresh fish fillets. It was so creamy and filling I could only finish half of it.

Lunch with 2 pints of local ale came to 30 pounds.
The Manifold Inn
Hulme End, Hartington, near Buxton, SK17 0EX. Tel: 01298 84537
****************************************

The legendary Bakewell pudding: puff pastry shell with a filling of jam, eggs, almonds, sugar and butter. Definitely an artery clogger.

************************************

Fish and chips with mushy peas from a local chip shop in Belper. Hmmmm.

No comments: