Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cathay Pacific/Dragon Air

I seem to be eating so much airline food these days so I might as well write about it. My starter on Cathay flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong. It was some kind of apple asparagus salad with cheese - not bad actually.

I picked beef (I always pick beef). While the beef was expectantly dry and chewy (what can you do?) the gravy was exceptionally nasty. I didn't even dare to investigate what's in the thick sauce.
The wine selection was not bad and of course there was the Haagen Dazs ice cream to save the day.
*******************************

From Hong Kong to Shanghai: some beef salad. Pretty nondescript.

I picked the halibut because it was supposed to be a JW Marriot speciality. Should have picked chicken instead. The fish was mushy and sweet for some reason. Not the best food and I was glad I had noodles in the lounge beforehand.
TIP: definitely go for the Cathay lounge near gate 3 instead of the Dragon Air one. There's a fast and efficient noodle bar in one corner, and in the main lounge there are loads of tables, each with a phone (free local calls) and sockets for all your charging needs.

No comments: