Friday, May 23, 2008

Bangkok - Siam Paragon Food Hall

Siam Paragon is huge with designer labels but the most interesting place had to be the food hall in the basement. I spent at least an hour looking at all the fabulous stalls, thinking I'd be 300 pounds if I live in Bangkok.

Thailand's national dessert: mango and sticky rice. Although you can't really see it in the picture but the size of the mangoes was so much bigger then the regular ones we see in supermarkets. I love mango!

Some kind of chicken BBQ skewers. I saw similar ones being sold by street food vendors everywhere in the city and I thought if I had to try one I'd probably do it here at the food hall. Maybe next time.

More street food - BBQ meat balls with glazed Thai chili sauce. Too bad I had a big lunch.

But then of course there's always room for dessert. I was more than excited when I saw the ice cream mochi counter. I inhaled 4 (~US$3) in no time. Yum! I wish there is a way to get a regular supply of those.

Then I saw the gelato counter. I was practically drooling! When will we ever get something similar in Shanghai?

No comments: