Friday, May 23, 2008

Bangkok - Nippon Kai

After two rather disappointing Thai meals at the hotel I was somewhat tired with the stuff. For some reason the Paragon seems to be full of Japanese restaurants and I was more than happy to try one.

Ika sashimi. Not the best and it was a little chewy. the chef should have trimmed off the tough bits off. I liked the freshly grated wasabi though.

California roll. Totally not up to standard. I thought rice is getting very expensive these days so why was there so much of the stuff? It's 80% rice, 5% avocado and 5% cumcumber, then 10% crab stick. Totally boring.

My katsu don was actually pretty good. The pork chop was juicy and there was just enough sauce.
Lunch came to around US$15. Acceptable in terms of value for money.

Nippon Kai
Basement, Siam Paragon, Bangkok.

No comments: