Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bangkok - The Sala pool restaurant

I have to say while the pool at Sheraton Sukhumvit is small, it's rather private and nice. It's an oasis in the middle of the city. Needless to say I spent most of my time there just lounging and swimming and here are some of the things I ordered from the pool restaurant.

Squid and glass noodle salad. I like the fact that the chef was not shy with the use of chili..in fact I got a little worried about it being too spicy! Loved it but the portion was a bit stingy.

On a different day I tried the satays. The chicken ones were really really nice but the beef was so fat! Yuck!

Stir-fried beef with basil. Very nicely seasoned and cooked and I forgave them for cremating my fried egg.

Pizza. It took a long time to arrive and the toppings were not right. A bit of a let down really. The cheese and the base were nice but the rest was pretty ordinary.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

No comments: