Thursday, February 28, 2008

Noosa - Cafe Le Monde

We have yet to figure out why Noosa is getting so popular these days. The stretch by the river and the beach is quite pretty but the town itself is nothing special really. I guess it is a convenient weekend getaway for people/surfers living in Brisbane.

Now back to the food. We were warned of the big portion but we simply did not want to listen. Typical of us. Here's my husband's mezze plate (A$14.9) with hummus, salami, roast veggies, feta and baguette. Enough to feed 4.
My steamed mussels with wine and tomatoes (A$21.9) came with bread too, it could be a meal on its own. Quite a few of the mussels stayed shut but the rest were zingy and nice with the tomato broth.
Reef fish of the day (A$27.9). I forgot what it was though - could be barramudi. Too full to enjoy it.
My hickory smoked baby ribs with spicy BBQ sauce, fried and salad ($A21.9). There must have been at least three pigs on the plate. Then I realised I don't like hickory smoke at all. How silly. I chowed it down nonetheless, all the time wondering where the spicy BBQ sauce was. Overall we enjoyed our meal. Service was good and friendly, and it's right by the beach with parking!

Cafe Le Monde

52 Hastings St., Noosa Heads, Queensland. Tel: (07) 5449-2366

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!