Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sydney - Peter Doyle at the Quay

We go to Doyles at the Quay every time for its view, and the seafood of course. I am still a little confused whether it's the same group as Doyles at Watson Bay? In any case we like both of them and the Quay is infinitely more convenient for us.

My husband had calamari (A$18.2)to start. I stole a piece and I absolutely loved the salt and pepper batter. The passion fruit dip was very interesting (in a nice way) too.

I don't really remember much about my mussels (A$18.8) so I guess they were nothing special. Still it was nice to be able to eat shellfish as I wouldn't eat them normally, not in Shanghai anyway.

For mains my husband's grilled John Dory (A$40) was fresh and meaty. He loved it as once again you'd never find John Dory on the menu in Shanghai.

My whole West Australian lobster mornay (A$60.3) was very creamy and filling. Loved lobsters. I think I prefer my husband's version of lobster thermidor with lots of cheese better.

His mud cake with ice cream (A$12.9). Very moist and worth stuffing himself silly for it.

My home-made ice cream (A$10.9) was excellent: 3 scoops in total there was vanilla (OK), chocolate Ferraro (excellent) and boysenberry (excellent).
Dinner with drinks came close to A$210. We had a great time but I feel like maybe we will try somewhere different next time.

Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay, Sydney. Tel: 9252-3400

No comments: