Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hunter Valley - Roberts

One of the gourmet restaurants in the Hunter region, Roberts is a quiet and romantic and just what we wanted.

It's a bit cheeky that we had to pay for bread (A$2/person), and it's a dollar a piece! It was worth it though as it arrived soft and warm. Perhaps we were hungry but it was really nice bread.


Some kind of complimentary appetizer. I think there's salmon in it but I didn't really feel like drinking fish that evening.

My husband started with a quail dish (A$26). It was succulent and very nicely cooked.

My scallops (A$26) were equally as nice - meaty and juicy!

Too bad his lamb (A$40) was a little overcooked. The meat was a very nice lean cut and it made up for the overcooking.

Real hand-cut chips (A$7.5) on the side.

My trout with scallops (A$38) was not what I expected. I thought I was going to get a whole river trout and silly me. It would make sense that I got ocean trout since we were in Australia. The fish was nice nonetheless, it was like salmon but only a lot more delicate, like veal to beef.

Some kind of liqueur coffee (A$15). My husband said it wasn't very nice. Oh well.

Roberts
Halls Rd., Pokolbin, Hunter Valley. Tel: (02) 4998-7330

No comments: