Thursday, January 22, 2009

M on the Bund

We thought we would treat ourselves to a nice lunch to celebrate the start of 2009, since going out for dinner seems virtually impossible these days with a 6-month old at home.  Lunch at M on the Bund is actually pretty good value.  And it's always less crowded, which is a nice bonus.  

From the monthly set lunch menu we had roasted winter vegetables.  It was very nicely presented and my husband said it was as interesting as vegetables could ever get.  I take it as a compliment.

I went for the smoked salmon with beetroot chips.  Everything tasted delicate.

Duck risotto in pastry on yam.  It looked so impressive but surprisingly my husband said it wasn't that exciting in taste.   Let's say his taste buds were not stimulated.  

My pan-fried mullet fillets.  It was very simple but it tasted good.  Fresh fish makes all the difference.

We couldn't resist the M's very famous pavlova.  It was huge!  I am cutting out dairy but when I saw it I though what the heck.  It was to die for!!!  Under the fruits we had mango ice cream on top of crunchy egg white.  I loved the passion fruit sauce as well.  Too bad I couldn't eat too much of it or I'd upset my Little One's stomach.  Someday I will go and pig out on the pavlova again!
M on the Bund
7/F, 5 on the Bund, Shanghai.  Tel: 6350-9988

No comments: