Friday, January 23, 2009

Bistro La Fourchette

It was almost 2:30 when we sat down at La Fourchette's "al fresco" table - over looking the mall.  I suspect we had just missed the lunch crowd as lunch can get so crowded in Pacific Place and I thought they say the economy is bad?

To be honest I wasn't really expecting much.  I knew the food would probably be OK as the place had always been churning out reliable dishes but hey isn't it what a bistro is all about.  

We both picked from the set-lunch menu.  My dad's onion soup seemed (and smelled) nice.

My beef consomme was very flavourful.  It's something that I would not even dream of making at home as there's so much work involved!

Burger with fries.  My dad totally OD'ed on white pepper here but he said the burger was fine.  I stole some of his fries and they were the usual frozen variety and nothing special.

Spaghetti with meat sauce.  Again very average but then I don't know what they could have possibly done for a dish as simple as this to make it nicer.  It's just meat sauce after all.
La Fourchette
L/G Pacicfic Place, Admiralty. Hong Kong. Tel: 2522-8830

No comments: