Sunday, March 30, 2008

Element Fresh

This was our first visit to Element Fresh at Portman since its refurbishment. The place looks similar to its old self and there is now a second floor lounge where I assume one can have drinks. The candle lights and dimmed lighting made the place a lot more romantic than I expected, too bad the tables are so cramped together.

Now back to the food. We had a chicken quesadilla (RMB49) to share and it was unbelievably good! Slices of chicken were nicely cooked and with the melted cheddar infused it was to die for.

My husband's oven-roasted lemon chicken looked really good and the portion was hearty. He said it was really good and he even liked the celeriac mashed potatoes.

My macaroni with mozzarella and Parmesan (RMB58) with extra grilled chicken (RMB26) was very delicious also. I think it could be cheesier and perhaps a bit of Emmental to add more depth to the taste. It's pretty good as it is but I'm a mac and cheese addict that's all.

Element Fresh
Shop 112, Portman Centre, 1376 Nanjing Rd. West, Shanghai. Tel: 6279-8682

No comments: