Monday, January 14, 2008

Casa 13

U's country style chicken stew(RMB80). She said the sauce tasted exquisite but it was very difficult to eat since the chicken came in with bones and skin. Yuck!

C's rustic risotto (~RMB70)was creamy and tasty.

My 'seafood' penne (~RMB100). The only seafood was prawns and they were previously frozen I believe. The sauce was very very garlic-ky and it kept repeating on me all afternoon. Yuck!

Our desserts: penne cotta (RMB12) on the left and chocolate mousse (RMB20) on the right. While the penne cotta was average the mousse was not even nice. It was pretty hard which indicated that it was made a while ago...and U was worried about the raw eggs in the mousse being off.

All in all the quality was pretty average. I also felt like I was running out of things to order/bored with the small menu and it was only my 3rd visit there. Don't think I will be back in a hurry.

Casa 13
1100 Hua Shan Rd. (nr Jiangsu Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 5238-2782

No comments: