Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wagas

Wagas might be my new favourite place. Simple but tasty food, efficient service, and a roomy dining room. What more can one ask for?

The very berry smoothie (RMB38) with mixed berries, banana, apple juice and yogurt. I couldn't really taste the yogurt but I didn't mind. The smoothie was very refreshing and fruity - excellent for the summer.

J's golden soup (RMB14 small). It's some kind of vegetable soup with a pumpkin base. She said it's always excellent.

The tuna, chopped egg and tomato panini (RMB42). It came hot and toasty. Yummy! She liked the pickled vegetables on the side too.

C's penne with chicken in spicy tomato sauce (RMB42), which came with bread and a small green salad. She said it was delicious and the sauce had a nice kick to it.

My beef piccata sandwich (RMB42) with chutney, tomato and some kind of greens (lettuce maybe?). It was so good I didn't have time to see what the greens were. The beef was tender and lean; the batter thin. The sweet chutney went so well with everything. If they make sandwiches this good I could have them everyday!
The prices are a little steep but the food we had were all tasty and the portions were quite big. I'd say it's better value than somewhere like Ginger for example.

Wagas
G/F shop 107, Hong Kong World Plaza, 300 Huai Hai Middle Rd. (near Madang Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6335-3739

No comments: