Friday, June 22, 2007

Haiku by Hatsune

My second visit to Hatsune. I was pretty impressed with the rolls last time I kept thinking about going back.

First off we decided to give the vegetarian option a try: I believe this is called the Peter Piper rolls. Why the name? I have no idea but it's got pickled radish, cucumber, and some veggie in the middle (I know, I'm useless in identifying vegetables) with mushroom on top. Interesting combination but it lacked flavours. The only taste came from the pickled radish and it was hardly satisfying. Not even after soaking it in soya and wasabi.

The dragon roll with tempera prawns, lettuce and salmon was much better. The prawns were warm and crunchy when it arrived.
We also got the California roll, the famous moto-roll-ah roll, and some tempura. The waitress stopped me from taking pictures half way through our meal though. Perhaps I did look like a restaurant spy.

The bill for 2 with no drinks came up RMB390.



Haiku by Hatsune
28B Tao Jiang Rd. (near Wulumuqi Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6445-0021

No comments: