Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pho 26

I am continuously searching for good pho in Shanghai and this time my friend C suggested Pho 26. It is supposedly a famous chain from Vietnam with 3 restaurants in Hong Kong, although I have not heard of it until now.

The signature pho with assorted beef bits was a disappointment. The broth was very salty and unfortunately it was the only flavour.
Vermicelli with spring rolls. The spring rolls were a bit to the dry side.
Same problem with the chicken with lemongrass. And it's more noticeable when chicken is dry.
All in all a pretty underwhelming experience. I probably won't be back in a hurry.

P.S. I checked the comments and pictures on its HK branch and the feedbacks are not bad at all!
Pho 26
2/F, 178 WuJiang Rd. (nr. MaoMing Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 5228-6597

No comments: