Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Bund

Girls' night out at Mr. and Mrs. Bund.
The menu was very confusing and we left it to the manager to do the ordering. Portions are all for sharing anyway.
It was so long ago and most of the dishes were OK but not outstanding and therefore I have forgotten what some of them were. I seem to remember the duck breast with polenta was one of the better ones, then again it's quite an ordinary way of cooking suck breast.
Foie gras. I didn't try any as it was a bit awkward with the bread. I am not a foie gras fan anyway.
Asparagus with cream sauce. A bit lame.

Sea Bass with truffle and I am guessing polenta once again?
King prawn with lemon grass and citrus sauce. I do remember it being quite refreshing and zingy. Too poncy in presentation and hardly enough prawn for what they are charging!
The steak was not bad.
The restaurant's version of mashed potatoes.
Lobster tail in hot and spicy sauce. It wasn't but it certainly wasn't a wow.
I have been trying to convince my husband to go there so I can give it another try but he says the food is too fussy for his taste. I don't blame him.

6/F, Bund 18, 18 Zhong Shan Yi Rd. (nr. NanJing Rd.), Shanghai. Tel :6323-9898

No comments: