Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Vienna Cafe

Wednesday. My workout day with my friend U. As usual we decided to reward ourselves by going to the Vienna Cafe - just to make up the calories we burned off. :-)

U ordered the kartofelsuppe - potato soup. It looked really rustic with the chunks of potatoes, bacon bits and all. She said the bread was the best in town.
Now if there is one German word I should learn it would be käsespätzle. It's basically macaroni and cheese but x100 times nicer. The pasta had a similar texture to gnocchi and with the (extremely cheesy and stringy) Emmental the dish was out of this world. The fried onion and garlic chives on top added some interesting taste to the dish.
When we walked in I was so hungry I thought I could eat a horse. At the end I couldn't even finish half on the plate - so heavy! Too bad we didn't have any room for dessert as the cakes there are pretty good too.
The food, with 2 wine spritzers and a coffee came to RMB200.
25 Shao Xing Road, Shanghai. Tel: 6445-2131

No comments: