Friday, February 02, 2007

Magic

Magic product #1

Another Menard product I am going to rave about. The Colex ex collagen serum (around HK$1250, 10% off ). I have been using it for a week and my pores have almost all disappeared!! I know doctors will tell you collagen cannot be absorbed into your skin, but something in this little bottle is working, whatever it is. Maybe we just won't need Botox in the future after all. The gel/cream texture is easy to glide on, and is absorbed within 10 seconds. Immediately your skin will feel hydrated and supple. After a week the firming effect will reduce the appearance of pores and also contour the face. Magic!

Magic product #2

I am a sucker whenever I see the terms "pore refining", "AHA", "peel", "collagen", "deep cleansing", well, and the list goes on.



In this instance I opened my wallet and begged them to take my money when I saw "pore refining peel" "advanced solution" on the bottle! It promises the world in just 5 minute's time. It claims to deep cleanse + peel + pore refining all at once. Woohoo!

Goes on as a mask, you might feel a tingly sensation as the AHA works your skin. After 5 mins you may scrub your face with a little water (there are beads in the mask) to remove the dead skin before you rinse off.

I have been using it once a week for about 2 months. My skin feels refreshed and renewed afterwards (like a good scrub - but unlike scrub it doesn't leave your skin dry), although I have yet to see the pore refining property it claims it has.

It is not a bad product to try as you don't have to break the bank this time (HK$250). Mind you I always thought Neutrogena products are cheaper?

Now the word LAME might come to mind as you may ask why would I call this product magic when it is just a scrub?

Well the magic actually happened on my hands. After our week-long dive trip my hands were just dry beyond help. I tried scrubbing + hand cream but the back of my hands were actually WRINKLY. I decided to be extravagant (it was an emergency situation you know) and used the Neutrogena peeling mask on my hands. I was amazed at the result!!! All the dry lines and wrinkles were gone and they felt smooth for the first time. Magic!

No comments: