Friday, November 14, 2008

Shiro

The tagline for Shiro is "where Sushi is Fashion".  I found that out after we had the meal.  Had I known I would have proceeded with caution.

The lunch menu was relatively small with a few items to choose from and they all seemed pretty pricey.  Bentos were a;sp available for around HK$200 each.  Since I was not clear whether the bentos were for take-away only or not and the waitress was no where to be seen I chose from the menu instead to save time and hassle.

My negi toro (HK$178) looked very fancy indeed.  Too bad it had no taste!  If I was blindfolded I would never have guessed that I was eating toro, or should I say fish for that matter.  Somehow the pile of mashed up fish didn't taste of anything.  The raw quail egg was pretty scary too.  A total disappointment and for what they are charging I would expect more!

Since there was not a whole lot of things to choose from we got an eel rice (HK$138) even though it was expensive.  Well at least we got 2 huge pieces of eel and they were actually quite nice, still we thought it was a bit over priced.
Lunch for two came to HK$370.  We had to pay for our tea and the non-existing service.

I think while sushi is fashion it should also be decent.  It's easy to forget that when you have a fancy/pretentious joint.

Level 1, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong.  Tel: 2155-8066

No comments: