Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Munchies

We finally got to try this greasy spoon which everyone is talking about! Famous for its Cincinnati-style chili the menu has got all the other usual suspects such as burgers, hot dogs, and even Tex Mex stuff. Bring it on!

A couple of fruit smoothies: cosmic charlie with apples, peas and raspberries (RMB18) on the left and strawberry milkshake (RMB15) on the right. Both were OK - too much milk for my liking as I prefer neat fruit and ice. Can't beat the prices though.
My Munchies cheese burger (RMB35). Once again given the price tag it was not bad at all!
Soft tacos with chicken (RMB34). My husband said he taste was reasonably nice.
Chili cheese fries (RMB32). Loved them!
And since I couldn't decide between burger or hot dog I had both. My Carolina dog (RMB30)was topped with chili and cheese with potato salad on the side. Unfortunately the wiener was overcooked and soggy. A bit of a disappointment.
We have since ordered from Munchies a couple of times and I retried the hot dogs - they were excellent!

Munchies
974 Wuding Rd.(nr. JiaZhou Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6218-4216

No comments: