Monday, January 29, 2007

Spring. Where are you?

Woke up this morning to 7C temperature outside. What gives? The winter is way too long. Feeling a little depressed I decided to go look at my shoes (women!). I quickly realised that there are quite a few pairs of shoes I have bought before the winter but never had a chance to wear them. What a waste! Then I am thinking maybe I should perhaps say goodbye to them, as you don't really need nice shoes in Shanghai (spitting is a national sport here). Email me if you are interested, and we can talk.

Lets take a look at the inventory:
I think these will look good with skinny jeans or mini. Slingbacks work a lot better with capri pants or leggings compared to regular heels with straps on the front; as the straps will almost always disrupt the flow of your legs. If you are over 5'9 then you can wear whatever obviously.
The next candidate is just a dream came true. Gold. Strappy. Manolo. Need I say more?
The next pair might be a little tricky. The beads are quite unique looking but also can add maturity to your overall look. I would pair them with a mini and no more.
The next pair was given to me by my good friend V. While they fit me perfectly they are a little too grand for my grocery runs in town don't you think?
I bought the next pair because the discount was just irresistible. I am a sucker for discount (and shoes obviously).
Love the color for the next pair. Don't have anything to go with them though.
The next one...what can I say. I bought them because they were cheap. I am not really into wearing 2-inch sandals though. This is the thing -if I'm going casual then why not wear flip-flops?
Now the next pair. Very bling bling. I was told that Beatrix Ong was a designer at Jimmy Choo? Correct me if I'm wrong. These look so good with blue skinny jeans. Actually. Maybe I might just be able to wear them soon enough so sorry girls. :-)
These are in size 5.5. I had a pair of Kate Spade in 5.5 and they fit nicely, but not these. I also bought them with the intention of wearing them to work but I guess I missed the boat all together.
To be honest, I would only need to have 1 pair of shoes in theory. I have been wearing the following shoes the whole winter. They go with skinny jeans, shorts, knee-length pants. you name it. I like the Louboutin look without the price tag.

No comments: