Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Deep Pan Grease Classic

During our day out to the Dark Side of Shanghai, my friend/neighbour/exercise buddy U and I had the luxury (ok I AM being sarky) of sampling the local Pizza Hut in the area. You see Pizza Hut here doesn't really have as strong of a presence as KFC or McDonald's in the city and we had been lucky to have gotten away with it as long as we had.

We started off with the Twin Beery Smoothie. I was rather surprised on the fact that Pizza Hut has smoothies on its menu? Why so healthy? It's like having McSalad in McDonald's...it's just....wrong. Nonetheless we gave the healthy option a try and it looked good and fresh.

Until we took a sip. It was as cold and as refreshing as it looked but the artificial syrup! It tasted like that pink gunk on a McDonald's strawberry sundae. I was glad there was a lot of ice which helped to dilute the sweetness and that I WAS really thirsty so I did't care less.

Then came my Stuffed Crust Super Supreme. No real surprises there. It came with the usual veg and slightly dodgy mystery meat fixings. The stuffed crust was enomous! Viva processed cheese!

And here is the Deep Pan Grease Classic. Sorry. The Deep Pan American Classic. I know we shouldn't be moaning about grease in Pizza Hut but too much is too much. The pizza was literally swimming in oil. Why? The dish washer not working for the day?

I guess they filled the hole. 150RMB for 2. Not bad. Like 5 quid each?

No comments: