Sunday, January 28, 2007

I touched an EEL!!


For those who didn't know, I actually got to touch a giant moray eel in Vanuatu! The friendly eel lives on the SS President Coolidge wreck, near the bow around 25 meters deep. I generally don't touch anything underwater unless I alsobutely have to (there were times when I had to hold on from being washed up by the current). This eel however seemed so friendly it wanted to get stroked. I know it's not an excuse but in any case I did it. I looked at it for so long and it looked back at me like a cat. I had to do it. It felt so strange! It's smoother than jello but not at all slimey. Just soft. REAL soft. I always used to think eels are evil but not any more.

1 comment:

obmitty said...

Great pictures staphanie, I must say I saw two big eels in thaland, and thought they were SUPREMELY evil looking!

Wouldn't dare fondle one!