Saturday, September 25, 2010

Strip Prime Steakhouse

I heard so many good things about this place I was getting quite excited about our lunch.

Immediately I was disappointed when I walked in: there wasn't a non-smoking section on the lounge floor, and there were people chain smoking cigars. Eck. We decided to stay anyway and order from the set lunch menu. For 2 course it's rmb95 and 3 is rmb120.

E decided to have main and dessert instead and for some unknown reason BOTH dishes arrived the same time as our starters? Here we have the ahi tuna tartar poke style, iced shoyu broth, sun dried pineapple toast. E said it was nice but she had to wolf it down quickly so that her dessert would not melt. What a screw up.
/>Chocolate fudge brownie sandwich with vanilla ice cream.
Waldorf chop salad with blue cheese dressing. My husband said it was alright - meaning it was nothing special.
My fisherman's stew with white fish stock was basically like a watered down chowder. This fisherman sucked! He could have caught more fish.
Gazpacho. The feedback was also "alright". I suppose it's hard to mess up this dish.
Minced chicken in lettuce cups. It was dubbed the Asian tacos. C thought it wasn't bad but tacos would have been better.
Cajun jerked chicken quesadillas. It looked ok but it was dreadful to have to listen to the nonstop jerk sauce jokes my husband was trying to pull.
Wok roasted clams Macao with Portuguese chorizo, garlic herb pesto and grilled toast. It was actually very nice but I have to say this dish is not very difficult to make. And it is a little light to be a main course? I was pretty hungry after.
We didn't stay for dessert because of the cigar smoke. In any case we were not that impressed with the food we thought we would give it a pass. Perhaps we ought to try dinner and steaks?

The Strip Prime Steakhouse
6-7/F, Hong Kong Plaza, 282 HuaiHai Rd. (nr. Huangpi Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6091-9893

No comments: