Saturday, September 25, 2010

Issimo

Sunday brunch at Issimo. We like the fact that on Sundays you get a 4-course lunch (rmb198) automatically whereas weekdays you can pick between 2 or 3 courses.

Smoked trout starter with tangerine.
Beef and mushroom in filo pastry. It was actually not as nice as it looked/sounded.
My husband's choices from the pasta dishes on the set menu.
I chose gnocci and capellini. They were both excellent.
My husband's tenderloin looked so wonderful I wished I had ordered it instead.
I opted for a plaice dish but it was sold out. I agreed to switch to salmon instead assuming it would be cooked the same way but it came out in a pesto crust. It was nice but a little disappointing as I could have made it at home!
At least the dessert trio made up for my slight disappointment over my salmon. I could have easily eaten another one.
Issimo
2/F, Jia Shanghai, 931 Nanjing Rd. West, nr. Taixing Rd., Shanghai. Tel: 3302-4997

No comments: