Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mansion Veranda

There is just no other way to describe our 3rd visit to Mansion Veranda other than to say it's a total disappointment. My heart sank when I looked at the very small and uninspired set lunch menu.

I picked the remotely interesting fresh spring rolls to start and boy was I disappointed. The fillings were clearly from a bag of prepackaged coleslaw. The spring roll skins were also package stuff and the sauce was just Thai sweet chili sauce straight from a bottle. I serve better food than this at home if you give me 10 mins for preparation.
My fish and chips was very ordinary , but at least it involved actual cooking and not just assembling packaged food items together.
Mansion Veranda
5/F, Mansion Hotel, 82 Xin Le Rd. (nr. Xiang Yang Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 5403-6692

No comments: