Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Press Room

If we lived in hong Kong we would be going to the Press Room at least once a week.  We really enjoyed the food there although the same can't be said about the cramped tables and uncomfortable chairs.

Maybe I was very hungry, or maybe the crusty bread was really that good.  We chowed it all down in no time.

My Parisien Cool (HK$45) with raspberry, mint, apple and orange was very refreshing and zingy.  The mint reminded me of mojitos.

My husband had artichoke (HK$105) with truffle vinaigrette to start.  he said it was nice.

My dressed crab with avocado (HK$85) was really fresh and sweet.  Loved that crab meat!

Press Room burger (HK$88).  Portion was much bigger than we expected for what they are charging - we had previously thought it might be delicate - translation: poncy so it was a nice surprise.  It tasted good too - watch out Dan Ryan's!

My pan roasted guinea fowl with vegetables, watercress and truffle (HK$210).  What can I say...it was the most delicious guinea fowl I had in my life!  The meat was very tender, juicy and cooked to perfection.  I still think about it often 3 months later.
No room for dessert.  I hope we won't have to wait long for our next visit.

108 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong.  Tel: 2525-3444

No comments: