Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Chinnery, Mandarin Oriental

Comfort food at the good old Mandarin before our little monster's arrival.   Ahhh those were the quiet and romantic days....

Steak and kidney pie with fresh peas.  We don't know how they do it but they seem to be able to get fresh peas all year around.  The pie was as good as always and the pastry was so good that my husband kept saving it till the end of the meal.

My bangers and mash with three types of sausages...I don't remember which one is which now.  The reddish one was quite gamy, perhaps it was venison?  It's not really my cup of tea. I prefer the good old pork sausages or Cumberland.  Nonetheless the dish was very satisfying with creamy mash and real gravy instead of the thick ones from packets.  Yum yum!

Lemon meringue pie..I am drooling as we speak.

My chocolate cake with ice cream...hmmmm.....love the crumbly bits as well.

Petis fours.  The dark one is memorable - soft and slightly chewy it was very delicious indeed.  When can we go back and pig out again?
2/F, Manadrin Oriental
5 Connaught Rd., Central, Hong Kong.  Tel: 2825-4009

No comments: