Friday, April 13, 2007

Vedas

I couldn't be happier when my friend C suggested we go to Vedas for lunch. A self-proclaimed curry expert I took over the duty of ordering -I hope they didn't mind!

Vedas has two chicken tikka versions on the menu: the kasturi version is done with the chicken rolled in eggs whereas the kesari is the dryer/normal version. I definitely prefer the latter as the one with eggs is too wet and weird. Our kesari chicken tikka arrived smoking hot and fresh off the tandoori oven. The meat was very lean, juicy and tender (makes my mouth water just thinking about it). The seasoning was a little spicier than the other versions I had - an apology to C and G as they had to wash it down with lots of beer and wine.

I went for the lamb rogan josh instead of a vindaloo as my husband and I usually have. The rogan josh was equally as nice! The sauce was rich and creamy and had just enough kick. Again the lamb was very tender and lean - loved it!

The mushroom methi came a little dryer than the one we had last time but it was just as tasty. The fenugreek made the dish very different than the usually blah vegetable curry.

The kashmiri pulao was actually so much nicer than I expected! The sweetness of the raisins went surprisingly and extremely well with the spiciness - good call C!

The tasty lunch came to RMB330 for the 3 of us. Must do it again!


V
edas
550 Jian Guo Rd. West (near Wulumuqi Rd.), Shanghai. Tel: 6445-8100

No comments: