Thursday, April 05, 2007

my first pork roast

Thanks to my friends U and C's encouragement (they even taught me how to do it) I pucked up the courage to make my first ever pork roast. I was still a little apprehensive when I looked at the piece of meat in the kitchen on my own.... then suddenly I thought I would put my mortar and pestle to use.


I pounded together some rosemary, black peppercorns, garlic, salt and a dash of olive oil into a paste and rubbed the mixture all over. I left it in the oven for 40 mins at 210C, and my pork weighted just over 500g.

I was pleasantly surprised at the result! ( I was a little worry cos the baking tray had NO juice whatsoever, not even after I poked the meat with a stick.) The verdict: meat was a little to the dry side but that's pork right? I had gravy on the side anyhow. It was also a little spicy - too many peppercorns! Otherwise I was very happy with the outcome. Will make it again!

No comments: