Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Thai Airways

Now I thought I remember Thai Airways advertising their business class being "smooth as silk".  Well the truth can't be more disappointed.  Perhaps it was the old aircraft and therefore seats were pretty small and cramped.  Service was not particularly impressive, and the food was actually pretty nasty.  We felt like we paid extra so we could get on and off the plane first and that's about it. 

When I saw that horrible aloe yogurt my heart sank.  Why is this yogurt following me around?  It's on all the Dragon Air flights too and I never saw anybody eating the stuff.  When will they learn to have a look at what's left on the tray?  Or better yet how about tasting the stuff before serving it to passengers?

Lunch option #1 beef with rice.  While it didn't look too bad my husband said it was way too salty and chewy.  As hungry as he was he didn't touch the rest of it after a little taste.

Lunch option #2 noodles with mystery meat.  Again it was very salty and to add insult to injury the noodles were nuked to death.  They were so soggy perhaps they had been cooked 5 times over somehow.   
Luckily I brought biscuits with us.  I can't tell you how many times we had to resort to biscuits when we fly these days.  Are airlines really that tight in budget?

No comments: